Hide and change your IP with this versatile tool
- Category Encryption
- Program license Free
- Version 6.0.2
- Size 15.74 MB
- Works under: Windows Vista / Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 7
- Program available in English
- Program by CyberGhost S.R.L
Cyberghost VPN is a free VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution that allows you to browse the internet safely and anonymously. Today, there are numerous reasons why users would wish to browse the internet anonymously or mask their IP address. Whether you are accessing a site which you believe will record your IP address or you wish to access regionally-available content, Cyberghost is one of the more powerful VPN solutions that you can get for free.
Cyberghost works by routing your signal through various servers so that privacy-invading sites see that server's IP address instead of your home address. This allows for greater security and anonymity for the end user, but may slow traffic down. Users can select exit points in the US, the Netherlands, Venezuela, or a host of other countries. Using an exit point in a different country can allow for unblocking regional content whether you are at home or abroad, including video-streaming services. Torrent users can use the VPN service to hide their IP addresses or route their signal through countries like the Netherlands, which don't have strict torrenting laws. Whatever you use VPNs for, Cyberghost gives you the flexibility to do it all for free!
When you open the Cyberghost interface, you will be presented with a world map showing the different available servers. To use a server as an exit point, simply click on it and you will be added to the queue for that server. When the server becomes available, you will receive a notification and will be automatically added to the server. The ability to choose an exit point server is not available in many free VPN programs, so Cyberghost excels in this. Also, while other VPN and traffic anonymizer services may change your exit point without warning, Cyberghost will notify you if you have been disconnected from the endpoint for any reason.
Users who enjoy Cyberghosts services but a faster and more stable connection with no queue waiting times, there is also a paid version of Cyberghost. For a monthly fee, users can get dedicated access to Cyberghost's servers.
With a large selection of servers and features and flexibility not found in most free VPN solutions and even many paid VPN softwares, Cyberghost stands out as the clear solution for the VPN user on a budget. Users no longer have to choose between privacy and affordability.
- It is entirely free!
- Easy to download and install-no complex setup or networking knowledge required.
- Allows you to select your "exit point" or country; with numerous servers available.
- Browse the internet safely and anonymously and hide your IP address from privacy-invading sites.
- Allows torrents, video streaming, and all other sorts of traffic.
- Ability to upgrade service using a paid plan.
- You will probably have to wait to get connected to popular servers-sometimes longer waits than others.
- Depending on your server, you may have a slow connection or download speed.
- Download speed may fluctuate based on server traffic.